LYA

LYA
click this picture to be directed to Linda's Yarn Art 101 & Beyond (paid members only)

Thursday, July 7, 2016

My Process & Requirements For Portraits

Here are some guidelines.
1) Have you ever done color changing work before? If not, please follow this link:
if above link for FREE PATTERNS does not work - try this link instead:
and find the folder marked "color changing techniques" - watch the videos and find the technique the works for you (I practice cut & tie but others like bobbins). Different techniques may work better for different types of crochet art, but it's up to you to research and practice to find out which one works for you. 
2) Go to the folder with the "tester" swatch pattern I've made and finish that swatch (send me the photo so I can see if everything looks ok). After that, you may even choose to do one of my free patterns offered (pillow & afghan sizes available) - then you'll be ready to move onto the next steps.
If you feel ready to proceed and want a portrait piece done, check this link for ideas on choosing the right photo:
3) Choosing your photo:
go to these links and see what works best for portraits to be converted to written patterns:
4) After you've chosen your photo, and are sure it's right for a portrait piece use this request form http://www.lindasyarnart.com/request/. I usually do all of my portrait patterns in: BLACK, SOFT WHITE & 4 SHADES OF GRAYS OR BROWNS (maybe I can add a pop of color if the editing allows it) BUT IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN FIND *6* SHADES OF BROWN OR GRAY YARN, PLEASE REQUEST A 6 SHADE PIECE WHEN YOU SEND THE PHOTO OVER. I PERSONALLY EDIT EACH PIECE PIXEL BY PIXEL TO GET THE BEST LOOK POSSIBLE.
MY PROCESS Use the request form for your request. Be specific on size & preferences. I will then add you to my queue. I will re-image (changing size & color/shade amounts) and when done, I will send you a "preview draft" with pricing & amounts of shades/colors & size. After your approval, I will email you a PayPal invoice. After I receive payment, you will receive the written pattern with 24 hours of RECEIPT OF PAYMENT.
HERE IS A LINK FOR GRAYSCALE SUGGESTIONS, BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO PICK BY EYE WHEN SHOPPING, USE THIS ONLY AS A GUIDE.
IF you would just like to do one of my pre-existing patterns (non portrait), check here for the ones I offer & just ask, as I have many for sale not listed here. You can email or private message me the request upon choosing one from this link:
https://www.facebook.com/LindasYarnArt/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums 
5) You should now be ready to start your own crochet art piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment