LYA

LYA
click this picture to be directed to Linda's Yarn Art 101 & Beyond (paid members only)

Thursday, July 7, 2016

How To Read My Patterns

This is for anyone here who has not yet started the pattern(s) they have purchased from me. These instructions are imperative to read & understand, and they are always on the 2nd page of the pattern, along with the yardage:

Reading the Pattern
• For right handers, even rows are clean side of work.
• For left handers, odd rows are clean side of work.
• I find it helpful to use a highlighter to mark off each finished color count within brackets.
• Important to note: My patterns run left to right.
What does it mean when it says "For right handers, even rows are clean side of work."? It means that your tails should always be put to the other side when you are working on an EVEN row (2,4,6, etc) therefore leaving the even sides "clean" (with no tails). When working on an ODD row (1,3,5 etc) you will bring the tails forward to the side you are working on, again....to leave the even side clean. For left handers, it's the opposite idea (ODD rows clean, EVEN rows have tails).

What does this mean? "Important to note: My patterns run left to right."

It means that the photoghan will develop from the left side and finish up on the right side. The pattern does not unfold from the bottom up or the top down, but from the left side to the right side. I have SO many people who study the pattern in advance and then panic because they are assuming the pattern should be starting on the bottom, and then they think my pattern is written wrong. If you look at the grid you will see that the numbers on the left side represent the stitches, and the numbers on the top represent the rows as they unfold from left to right.

3 comments:

  1. I've done several CBN patterns. What is the difference between your patterns and CBN. Is it done the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I’m sorry I’m still very confused lol
    Iv seen in one of the comments that it says there is a video ??
    Is there a video please ?? This would help me understand it better if there is a video ❣️

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the extremely late reply, but I have a YouTube channel and here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtHMMO8GPdnk6cRoS83E_ug/videos

    ReplyDelete